Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to introduce rabbits?

I have two rabbits I've had for a few years and they are sisters and have never been separated all their life but I have got a new rabbit a few months ago and I want to put them all together but I don't know how! I've put the new rabbit with each of this sisters but separately in the bath to introduce them. She got very " intimate" with one and then ignored the other and I don't know what to do. Their cages are close together so they can smell each others sent but I don't know what to do now! Please help!!

Yeah I'm 100% sure they are all girls and non of them have been sprayed or anything but I just really want this to work out!!

Junior Member Himynameis:ANIMAL's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unless they are all spayed it will likely not work. The sisters could be bonded even if they are not spayed if they have never been separated but even that is rare. Introducing a new rabbit while they are all intact could very easily break the bond and they all begin to fight.

The new rabbit if she is indeed a she the mounting is a dominance thing. She is showing her dominance over the other rabbit.

Bonding:
    http://rabbit.org/faq-bonding-multiple-rabbits/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you 100% sure that the new rabbit is a female? If not maybe watch a video or look at some pictures to make sure, all the world needs is some baby rabbits. lol. I'm not trying to be mean just warning you I started to breed Mini Rex show rabbits and there isn't much market for them. If she seemed fine with the other rabbits take the other rabbits out of their cage and put them in her pen, then place her in theirs. They will go around, smell and get more used to each others smell. After they seem to lose interest in investigating take one of the sisters and place her back in her pen with the new rabbit. Female rabbits are pretty territorial so they might fight a little bit, but don't be to alarmed my rabbits did it and now they groom and love each other. After the new rabbit and sister get used to each other remove the sister and place the other sister in with the new rabbit. After they get used to each other put them all together in the pen. But watch the sisters to make sure they don't gang up on the new rabbit. If they do simply remove one and repeat the process. After time they will get used to each other and be the three musketeers.