Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone know how to silence/reset the low battery beeping alarm on ADT...

...home security systems? Mine beeps continuously and it stops when I press any key on the key pad, but it beeps again like every 4 hours!! I had service with ADT for three years and a year ago I canceled it. I've been using the system and it barely started to do this about a month ago. It only displays a "Batt" next to "chime" w/no number next to it. I've checked the system battery and it's fully charged, so are the wireless sensor batteries. Please help me, I hate waking up to turn it off!!! Thanks for any help!!

Unregistered
    I have the same problem. I think tonight I am just gonna unplug the AC power and the battery....basically shut down the whole thing.

Unregistered

answer

Basically the issue is either your battery in the circuit box is dead or the fuse blew and just needs to be replaced. You can buy a battery on line for less then $20. I had the same issue and mine was the fuse. Replaced it and that fixed it.