Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did ancient Homo sapiens have any religion?

I know there have been documents of them burying the deceased with valuables, but that doesn't say much whether or not they had a religion, let alone followed Jesus Christ or even knew who he was. The bible was first written in Hebrew and Greek. How could Homo sapiens possibly be able to read the bible of it was written in a language foreign to them, let alone the fact that that language wasn't even developed during that time. Ancient homo sapients didn't even have complex enough communication to be able to teach how the bible works, I don't see how they could have taught each other what the 7 deadly sins were or any other complex story in the bible went. I'd love to see someone counteract this in an intelligent manner.

Downloads
    Uploads
    when God created Adam and Eve they spoke together. When they had children they spoke to each other. That is what I call language.They communicated and not with grunts and groans. also most people still had Faith then. religion only came about when people wanted to go their own way and forgot God.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As soon as mankind wondered about natural phenomena that they couldn't explain, their only recourse was to assign a supernatural force. It was only a natural progression that oral tradition passed down through generations and became consolidated into a formal religion.

And that's when the trouble started.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are cave paintings that depict animals. So perhaps they worshiped nature.

Certainly in more recent times there were many religions that worshiped nature.

Native American cultures worshiped nature and a spirit world, and had a pantheon of different gods too.

I think humans have evolved to believe that if they are at the top of the chain then something of greater power and intellect created humans and the universe.

Its a logical leap into spiritual logic which, again when faith-based, has no real proof in this world but humans tend to make out of gods the stuff of humans. In other words we tend to make gods out to be human-like. I think that might support a theory that humans have invented gods and spirituality.

Then again, I do believe in God myself, but not necessarily the one everyone else believes in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pre-historic man was only interested in survival.

The mind did not evolve to the point where they could gain a better understanding of their surroundings and how to use the resources in an effective manner.
    Sadly, as brilliant as we may perceive regarding our intelligence - we have molested and destroyed much of our resources.

God bless'