Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can someone help me with job hunting?

Hi everyone, I am looking for a job.
    I just need advice on job hunting because during high school I applied to
    many jobs but only got a babysitting one. It was a very frustrating experience indeed but I tried hard.
    Now that I am in college I am trying to support myself and I am determined to get a job.

-I have no professional job experience
    -I do not mind working at fast food
    -Do I just ask a worker for a job application or must I ask for the manager?
    -Do I need to dress up when I ask for an application?
    -Do I bring my resume and cover letter when I apply?
    -Do I ask if it is possible to have an immediate interview when apply or do I just wait until they contact me?
    -Do I dress up when I turn in my resume?

-After I turn in my resume, should I call or stop by to ask about my application status?
    -If it is recommended to ask about my application status, how soon should I inquire about it? 1 day? 3 days? A week?

I know I have a lot of questions but I would very much appreciate it if anyone can answer
    each one seriously. Thanks in advance!

Junior Member USPassportServiceGuide's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The first thing I would advice to you is to remember that getting a job is not easy especially in this trying times. But it is possible!

1. You can ask the worker or the manager. Some workers will refer you to the manager for the vacancy and ask them.
    2. Usually it is better to dress up when you apply so as to leave a good impression for the employers.
    3. YES! you absolutely would want to have your resume and cover letter for when you apply so that you can turn in your application right away. For some small business, they might interview you on the spot so be ready always!
    4. You can ask them if there will be an interview and when it will be or if they would want you to come back. Some bigger companies usually say they will contact you, its helpful to potentially ask if its alright to follow up your application.
    Usually the standard time of waiting especially if you have other job seekers that applied is 1 week or so, some do impromptu interview, either way give them time to evaluate, do not keep calling, they will be annoyed.

Good luck with the job hunt!