International Driving: Stockholm, Sweden-Perth, Australia?

HaydenMoyle

Jul 30, 2013
I am planning a sort of 'rally' or international trip for my future beginning in Stockholm, Sweden and finally ending in Perth, Western Australia. I have done plenty of research concerning similar trips, such as the London-Sydney rally and the Mongol Rally. I am needing further advice though.

In my research, I have found that it is not necessary to have a 4x4 for the journey. Are there any recommendations as to which vehicle would be suitable? I have hatchbacks in mind. Volvo V40, VW Golf, Peugeot 208.

I have done research on crossing from south east Asia to Oceania. Toll marine http://www.tollgroup.com/tollmarinelogistics Do freight between Singapore, Timor and Darwin. It is not certain if they would be able to ship it without having to import it. Does anyone have any advice, better alternatives, or input?

I understand that one is not able to drive through Myanmar/Burma which means taking the long way through China. The country may open up in the time it takes to organise the whole trip, but is there any advice regarding this situation?

What are some fantastic sights to see along the way which cannot be missed. I understand that there are many to be seen in the 'stans' (Türkmenistan, etc.) and I believe that there should be much more to see between. Any tips?

Is there anymore advice regarding my endeavour? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Back