Shaun King blasts Darren McFadden, says Raiders running back is ?just trying to colle

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
Oakland Raiders running back Darren McFadden may have plenty of NFL supporters, but when it comes to fantasy football, his popularity is about as low as it gets.

McFadden was a fantasy football stud in 2010 when he rushed for 1,157 yards and seven touchdowns, plus added 507 receiving yards and three touchdowns. Unfortunately, for fantasy owners, McFadden has never played more than 13 games during a season due to constant injuries. He has been a little more than average when healthy over the past two years.

[Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football is open for business]

In the opinion of NBC Sports analyst Shaun King, enough is enough.

Yahoo! Sports fantasy expert Brad Evans pointed out that McFadden averaged only 3.4 yards per carry against the New Orleans Saints in Week 2 of the preseason. He finished with five carries for 17 yards, and Evans does not believe McFadden will be a top 25 running back this season.

King was harsher when it was time for his assessment.

“Darren McFadden, if you put him on your team, you will lose your league,” King said. “You will regret the fact that you drafted him, and you will emotionally be unstable because of the fact he does not care.”

King, tell us how you really feel. Please do not hold back.

“I looked at Darren McFadden against the New Orleans Saints, and what I wanted to see is this a running back who wants to prove his detractors wrong, wants to go out and have a big year in a contract year, or is this a guy that’s just trying to collect a check,” King said. “All I saw was a guy who wanted to collect a check.”

It definitely sounds like King owned McFadden in a league previously and been burned. It is also safe to assume King probably will not own him on a team this year. Oakland hired Greg Olson as its offensive coordinator this offseason, but none of our fantasy football experts believe that will be enough to turn McFadden back into a quality fantasy running back.

Back