Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Windows activation problem?

A few days ago a message came saying that I need to activate my windows ( My windows is pre installed). I downloaded Belarc Advisor and when I tried activating it an error code 0xC004F063 showed up. Please help!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have found out what is your problem.read this>>
    Symptoms
    When you try to validate an OEM version of Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012, you may receive the following error message:

Error code : 0xc004f063 The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer BIOS is missing a required license.

Additionally, you may also notice the following events getting logged in the Application event log:

Log Name: Application
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP
    Event ID: 1015
    Level: Warning
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: xxxxxxxx
    Description:
    Detailed HRESULT. Returned hr=0xC004F022, Original hr=0x80049E00
    Current activation Status : 0xC004F022 The Software Licensing Service reported that the license authorization failed.
    Earlier Activation Status : 0x80049E00

Log Name: Application
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP
    Event ID: 8198
    Level: Error
    User: N/A
    Computer: xxxxxxxx
    Description:
    License Activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code: hr=0xC004F063
    Cause
    This error usually occurs if a hardware is changed or any hardware device malfunctions and Windows is unable to verify the license again. Windows is unable to read the SLIC table in the BIOS which is required to be able to self-activate the OEM_SLP Key that is currently in use. This happens due to one of the following reasons:
    Service Tag or the Service Number is not updated by the OEM vendor after motherboard replacement.
    BIOS contains a default or a garbage value for Service Tag.
    BIOS has incorrect product information
    Resolution
    Contact the OEM vendor to update the BIOS that has the updated Serial Number or Service Tag.
    This issue mostly occurs on OEM_SLP machines wherein Windows is bound with the Service Tag of the machine. If an OEM_SLP Windows is validating its license after any hardware change apart from the key, it will also verify the Service Tag number in the BIOS.

Note: To check the Service Tag number on a machine, run the command: wmic bios get serialnumber

Upgrading the BIOS is an effort to put the correct SLIC table on the machine. Software Licensing Description Table (SLIC) is a digital signature placed inside the BIOS by the system manufacturer. The OEM-SLP Key, and an XML formatted OEM certificate (issued by Microsoft to each OEM) will be verified against this OEM-specific SLIC and auto activate if everything is in order.
    Note This is a "FAST PUBLISH" article created directly from within the Microsoft support organization. The information contained herein is provided as-is in response to emerging issues. As a result of the speed in making it available, the materials may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. See Terms of Use for other considerations.
    Back to the top