Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does it make any other atheists mad that the documentaries about the pagan origins

of Christ are fake? I already knew that the claims that Jesus's story was borrowed from Horus and Krishna were all crap because I study mythology for fun and this was never mentioned...anywhere. So that I already knew.

But I had no idea that false documentaries even claim the story came from Mithras, too.

I found a story about fake documentaries, and ones like Zeitgeist and Relugulous have been debunked.

Here's a link, in case you're interested: http://www.cracked.com/article_20585_6-famous-documentaries-that-were-shockingly-full-crap.html

As an atheist, it upsets me that so many misinformed people choose to fight dirty (and unfair) by citing the false connections to other pagan gods that have been proven false.

I don't like cheating.

Does it piss anyone else off? If I'm gonna win an argument, I want it to be because I gave a fair fight. But seeing so many atheists repeat these lies is upsetting.
    neil, in reading mythology, I have proven the Horus and Krishna connections are false because, for example, they were not born from virgins, yet the documentaries claim they were, which is clearly a lie seeing as anyone can read the exact opposite if they choose to look it up. That's just plain contradiction of facts.

And get off your paranoia, Mulder. I don't need people saying I'm a false atheist because I don't like disinformation. Maybe some people just like being honorable and not lying to win arguments. And the documentaries are a lie.
    P.S. Do your research before just believing anything a documentary tells you--it's not like it's not easily disproved. Lazy. You give atheists a bad name, and so do the three (so far) people who gave you a thumbs up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How can you see the stars during a rainy season? Answer you CANT!

December is the rainy season in the Middle East.

What is during December, a Pagan festival called Yule.

Your move.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's very simple.

Google all of the claimed similarities between Jesus and older mythology, then go and check out each one yourself.

Write a list.

It's undeniable.

Most of Jesus' story comes from older myths.