Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi,
    not sure what your question is...
    i am a sort of atheist, mostly due to being raised by such - or, my mother was Buddhist, and father not speaking of his Protestant background.
    i don't base my opinions on the scientific method, perhaps being more agnostic than atheist.
    i envy those that have the capacity for blind faith, to have something to believe in. something that 'controls' our destiny or whatever.
    due to my envy, i have no desire to try to dissuade those of religion to believe otherwise - they are more fortunate than i and why would i want to undermine their belief system?

i don't believe that everything in the bible is fact, but, for those that do... well, lor' bless them.
    whatever is true i may only hope to ever learn, and if any gods see me unworthy due to my agnosticism then i can only hope they can show forgiveness for what i was never taught to understand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just answer honest questions, or I correct a question/statement that's false about my religion or another religion(if I know it well enough). I usually try to avoid debate, except in the case someone attacks my religion.

Junior Member mmmmBestAnswersOnYtA's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A lot of Christians are scientists and believe in scientific discoveries, do rigorous debating, etc. And many Atheists just don't believe in a God, they didn't just stop believing in God because of science.
    Richard Dawkins is kind of a douche and a hypocrite. Plus hes become more intolerant and unwilling to change his mind like most of the religious organizations that hes been trying to stop. Hes also a militant Atheist.

Oh, and you harass Christians? OMG you're such a rebel! U've got soo much SWAG. U r so awesum, may I ave ur autograph. Youre soooooo intelligent!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It does seem to be pointless to "debate" about something you believe doesn't exist.
    Why would you even want to try? It's like batting at the air from your point of view.

The Christian knows what he believes and also sees no point in arguing with something whp
    is arguing just for the sake of arguing.

And arguing about any "religion" is also pointless. All "religion" is man made ...a set up of
    rules and regulations that don't save anyone.

Jesus, however is not a religion...He is a person, the Son of God and is reality that the
    Christian will try to tell you about...but they also don't need to defend. God is well able
    to defend Himself. He has already set a plan in place to save you and me. Then He

says "Choose my Son and have eternal life". Go your own way and take the consequences.
    It is very clear, and very simple...so simple a child can find Him.

Read John 3:16 7 17 and John 14:6 if you want to know His plan. If not...just wait...the rest
    will come on its own, and there won't be any time left for decisions. God's words. not mine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not debate religion.

I answer questions about religion and spirituality.

Have you missed the purpose of Yahoo Answers?

With love in Christ.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its not like i spend every hour of every day thinking about debating religion vs reality.......i find time to do other things......and as far a stomaching it goes, all y friends know my beliefs and anyone who tries to find fault in my beliefs is usually in for a good argument.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's the other way around. Christians base their beliefs on scientific discovery, skepticism and rigorous debate. Atheists base their beliefs on feelings and the experience they get when they listen to one of their leaders. Richard Dawkins is my favorite. Every time I read one of his books, especially the god delusion one, he strengthens my faith. Funny thing is that atheists project their feelings onto christians by saying they have science, and we have faith. All true science agrees with the Bible, and it takes a lot of faith to believe we came from pond scum. In fact, abiogenesis is totally based on faith.

I agree, debate is pointless. I've asked several atheists to read a book on ID or creation, and I would happily read one of their choice on atheism. So far, only one claimed to accept the challenge, and then after claiming to read it, spouted some things about the book written by a skeptic who also didn't read it! Amazing. The most important thing to remember is that atheists have no morals, so they can lie and nobody will care. Christians, however, have to follow some rules, so you know you have a better chance of them at least being straight with you. I can't say the same about atheists. So, I agree, arguing with atheists is a waste of time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12