T-boned on my bike insurance question?

michael

May 11, 2008
I was out riding last night, with lights and all, and I was in my respective lane crossing a sidestreet. A lady, at the same moment I was turning, came from the oncoming lane, turned her blinker on, and smashed right into me, sending me up on her windshield. My bike has a carbon fork and the wheels have been messed up, and it is currently at the shop getting checked out. I am worried about the carbon fork, since it has been in an impact. Since the police report was already filed, will her rates go up either way? I am asking because she is just a teenager and she only has liability, so she is going to be paying for her new windshield all by herself, and I don't want to raise her rates if I don't necisarily need to. She was genuinely sorry and she just made a mistake, so I don't want her to pay for it long term. However, there are clearly some things that need to be paid for. I am currently $100 into it, and it will at least be another $100 for the fork, if need be. If her rates are already going up, I am fine with giving it a shot, but what steps should I take, if that is the case? I may need to know this info anyways since it may get pretty pricy and I might have no choice. Would I be able to pay for it now and seek the c

Back