What if you wired 2 (OR MORE) alternators to a bicycle? With a battery could

PsychologyStudent

Jul 18, 2013
the first alt. power the second? I am thinking that the first alternator could be wired to a battery, and a second alternator that will work as a motor. If I did this would I be able to ride around for free? Could the first alternator power the second alternator, and keep the battery charged?

Imagine if you could tie the generating alternator into the bicycle chain, and use the motor alternator as a friction drive motor. Just keeping it as simple as possible. Maybe this could minimize resistance?

What if you used multiple alternators, say 3, 2 to generate current, and the last to run the bicycle? Maybe connect the first alternator directly to the battery. Then connect a second alternator to the battery and another alternator (the one used as a motor)?

Could that create a self-perpetuated electric bike that would never run out of power?

I am interested in your ideas and innovations if you have built something like this.

Sounds too good to be true, don't it?

No, it is not possible to make a perpetual motion machine by linking two alternators and a battery together. Alternators are not 100% efficient and energy will always be lost to heat and friction.

Back