Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member PsychologyStudent's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

What if you wired 2 (OR MORE) alternators to a bicycle? With a battery could

the first alt. power the second? I am thinking that the first alternator could be wired to a battery, and a second alternator that will work as a motor. If I did this would I be able to ride around for free? Could the first alternator power the second alternator, and keep the battery charged?

Imagine if you could tie the generating alternator into the bicycle chain, and use the motor alternator as a friction drive motor. Just keeping it as simple as possible. Maybe this could minimize resistance?

What if you used multiple alternators, say 3, 2 to generate current, and the last to run the bicycle? Maybe connect the first alternator directly to the battery. Then connect a second alternator to the battery and another alternator (the one used as a motor)?

Could that create a self-perpetuated electric bike that would never run out of power?

I am interested in your ideas and innovations if you have built something like this.

Sounds too good to be true, don't it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, it is not possible to make a perpetual motion machine by linking two alternators and a battery together. Alternators are not 100% efficient and energy will always be lost to heat and friction.

Downloads
    Uploads
    U-Have-POOP-4brains.