I would like to burn a DivX movie to a DVD; however, since it is more than 2 hours long in 720p, it is about 7GB and is way to large to simply drag and drop into the blank DVD.

This is my first time downloading a DivX movie, but I found out my Blu-ray player is DivX HD Plus compatible, so I tried several methods to transfer the movie. I am using a MacBook Pro running on Lion.

When I tried to transfer it into a usb drive, the usb I plugged in didn't show up. When I put in the blank disc, which is 4.7 GB, it analyzes (whatever that means) for a good 30min-hour. After that, it looks like the TransferWizard makes the file smaller - like 1.7 GB or something, so I click Burn or something and then a window pops up asking if I want to open the file in Finder. The first time I cancelled, but the second time I clicked Ok, and it still didn't work (even after leaving it over night). The "estimated time left" isn't changing at all either, but I don't know how to make it work.
Ok, so when I click start, a pop-up window comes up and it says: "you inserted a blank DVD. Choose an action from the pop-ip menu or click Ignore.
Action: Open finder/Open iDVD/Open iTunes/Open Disk Utility/Open other application/run script"

And then theres 3 buttons at the bottom that say eject, ignore, OK.

And now that it's my 3rd time doing it, the estimated time is no longer about 01:24:45... before I clicked "Start" it said 04:21:05 but now it just says 00:00:00. And I don't think it's burning.