Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

nutrition question, how many vitamins are too much?

I don't take any vitamin supplements but I try to eat as many fruits and vegetables as I can each day.
    Each day I consume -3 Bananas, 2 Apples, 3 Carrots, Large bowl of Spinach and Kale, 10 Oranges(Juiced), 2 Tomatoes, 1 Avocado, and 1 Peach. My question is, is my body using all of these vitamins? Or am I just using a little bit of the vitamins and wasting a lot of money on all this food? I'm a 21 year old man and I exercise a lot.

Does too much fruit sugar really lead to pancreatic cancer? Because I used to have Leukemia and that's a huge concern for me now that you mentioned it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd say you are using most of it. If you want the optimum intake I would have everything spaced out. Ie don't have all 10 oranges at the same time. Have an apple every 2 hours.That type thing. Your body can only absorb so much of 1 thing at a time. So if you are have getting 900% of your daily vitamin c try and space it out to at least 3 different times a few hours apart. All of those are good put when working out protein is important. I would cut back a little bit on that and maybe have like 2 or 3 scrambled eggs at breakfast and put your tomatoes in it cut up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With vitamins A, D, E, and K, you need to consume fat with them in order to absorb the vitamins properly. Out of the list of foods you gave, those vitamins are found in the carrots, spinach, kale, and possibly the avocado (not totally sure on the one.)
    Vitamins B, C, and D are water-soluble, so if you consume large amounts of any of those you will pee out most of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dude, you don't need the vitamins of that many pieces of fruit, and eating that much fruit might give you pancreas cancer like what killed Steve Jobs. Seriously it's not healthy to each that much fruit sugar. The spinach, kale and avocado are great. The rest, just have one of each. And drop the sweet fruit altogether if some day you find you're gaining weight.