Are you on the gossip circle in your town? And how does it work? I am new to this?

Bryson

Apr 7, 2008
I am new to this small city gossip bullsh*t and I wonder how these people who I have never met or talked to think they "know" so much about me and my personal life. How does it work? Do people just talk about me because I moved here? Also, they enjoy following me around all sneaky and stuff that is one of their favorite past times. How does the "news" get around town? People talk at work or something? Or at church? I'm not really sure how it works.

People are always watching. IN small towns, even more so. There is never much going on, so for someone new to come into the community, it's exciting! They'll watch for a few months until something else comes along. They will still occasionally talk about you in passing, especially if you are active in the social groups. Church, email, texting, over the phone, in the store whith the clerk while they buy their morning coffee. There are numerous ways the rumor mill spins in small towns.

Back