Unlocked iPhone 4 t-mobile "sim not valid" after update?

Marcella

May 17, 2008
So a long while back, my dad got an unlocked iPhone 4. We have t-mobile, and he's been using the phone just fine ever since. So he wanted to get an app, but it required ios 5.

So I connected the phone to itunes and tried to go through the update. After it went through the entire update, and the phone restarted. The phone starts with a gray screen with the word iPhone on it. Then it has you go through steps where you choose your language, country, and wifi. But then the screen "SIM Not Valid" shows up.

It says: "The Sim card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supposed under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone by unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information."

Please, I have no idea what to do. My dad needs this phone for business, and currently we can't use it for anything. It doesn't open up to the regular iphone screen or anything. If I press the home button, it just gives me the options: Emergency call, Start Over (which only starts over back to the step of choosing the language), wi-fi settings, and cancel.

The message "sim not valid " indicates that your iPhone 4 lost carrier unlocking . Note : When you upgrade/update your iPhone , even though you have an unlocked one, it gets locked to the carrier again . Better, you can use Remote unlocking method to unlock your iPhone 4 . It is one of the permanent unlocking solution for iPhones . So, it won't gets locked again when you will update your ios in future .

Source : Simpleunlocking.com

Back