Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will upgrading my car stereo system with these really make a difference?

I want to upgrade my car stereo system, but don't know if it will make a noticeable difference. I drive a Hyundai Sonata 2005 and it has some pretty crappy speakers, at least by my standards; with absolutely no bass and very staticy at higher volumes. I've chosen what I think will be a decent upgrade at a very budget friendly price. Here is what I've chosen:
    Front door speakers: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33698_MTX-Audio-TN653.html
    Rear deck speakers: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33697_MTX-Audio-TN693.html
    Head Unit: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43937_Kenwood-KDC-HD552U.html

Will these upgrades provide a noticeable difference in sound quality (more bass, clearer at higher volumes, ect...)? I'm not expecting miracles here, just a decent upgrade. I know I need a subwoofer, but I don't have the money right now. I know very little about speakers and what knot, but I hear that MTX is a pretty good company along with Kenwood. Is that true? Am I getting better than my stock system speakers? What would you recommend without breaking the bank? I'm trying to keep my budget around 200$ if all possible. Thanks!
    P.S. I'll simply be running them off the 22w RMS per channel head unit

Downloads
    Uploads
    hey finally someone on yahoo answers who doesnt need much help! those products are great, MTX is a good company as well as the other. you will have a pretty decent change in sound quality and static reduction. Now the only place where you wont have such a difference is bass. i suggest two 10in kickers and the amp to go along (in the future) which will run you roughly 250$ to complete the system but as to what you have listed you're golden! i also suggest buying insulation foam, they prob. sell it at audio stores and itll make an even bigger difference. this goes around the speaker under the door panels to help keep unwanted things from shaking at loud volumes (reducing un wanted rattling sounds) hope i helped!