Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can someone hack an IP address through KIK Messenger?

So. This is going to sound really stupid, but bare with me. I'm a little freaked out.
    I put my KIK name on a social media site called tumblr. Lot of people do it. It's whatever.
    I received a message from a user, talked a bit, and then he told me that if I don't become some "sex slave" for him, he will give my account name to some hackers who will obtain my IP address.
    First of all, I didn't even know what an IP address really was, until looking it up and such. Since I haven't received anything truly great through the KIK messenger, I decided to reset my kik, delete it from my phone, and now I'm waiting for an email telling me that I have unread messages, and that I can finally deactivate my kik. I heard that this can take several days, however.

My questions are
    1. Can someone really hack my phone through KIK?

2. Can they obtain my IP address through KIK?

Your help is much appreciated.

Unregistered
    Single answer for both your question is "NO". No one can ever hack your phone through KIK. They can't obtain your IP address too through KIK. IP address on your phone is mostly dynamic and it keeps changing for every certain period of time, mobile reset, location, climate, etc., You can check your IP address before and after restarting your mobile phone from IP-Details.com 99.99% there are no chances for a common person to obtain your IP address through KIK. If at all somehow if a person obtains your IP address, he can't do anything with it. Because by the time he decides to do anything with your IP address, it would have been changed and assigned to someone else. So be keep calm and proceed your work.

Unregistered
    An addendum: Even if someone has your IP address and it's your current IP address... they *still* can't do anything with it. It doesn't give a hacker access to your computer or even your browsing history. I guess they can see any Wikipedia edits you made as a guest, if any, and a few relatively public things like that, sometimes including your current city, but... who cares, seriously. IP addresses are pretty much harmless. Mine is 50.1.51.168. I live in Santa Cruz, California in the US. I'm in the Pacific time zone. Nothing more to see.