Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to unclog a nutrition bag?

Alright so I'm a 16 year old guy with spina bifida and I have full incontinence but the bowel incontinence is almost completely managed using the ACE (antegrade continence enema is what it stands for I do believe) but I still have accidents sometimes.. Well anyways, I was told by the doctor several months ago to put miralax into the water. Well it all went okay until tonight whenever I put the miralax in, it didn't mix in with my water. It instead started going through the bag until it got clogged in several places. I tried it with a different bag the second time after realizing the bag was on when I put in the miralax. I did it that time after making sure I turned the bag off and the same results occurred.. I'm now down to my last 'nutrition bag' as it says on it and I have no idea what I should do D: Should I just not use miralax? I'm just frustrated over this whole thing. I just don't want to have accidents within the next few days D:

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know what kind of insurance you have but some allow for nurses visits. If yours does then call and ask for a nurse to stop by and help you. Maybe call places like Kelly Services that are for medical (not the secretarial service), or call your county's Department of Elder Affairs and they will provide you with the names of agencies that would come to the house. When you call the agency tell them your insurance card number and ask if they can help or direct you to someone who could help. Once you get to the right person tell them you need someone there quickly because you're running out of what you need. Otherwise I suppose you'd just phone your doctor and ask for help and they will give directives.

Sometimes insurance companies have a case worker, and if you have a case worker call them and ask for help.