Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which sport bike is better?

I am looking to purchase a sport bike. Presently I own a 600 cc Cruiser which happened to be a beginner bike. I had a buddy recommend GSXR only cause he had one and he promised good results, but how is that different than a NINJA or CBR. I have had my eyes set between CBR and GSXR. Any suggestions?

Downloads
    Uploads
    What type of Racing are you looking at doing ?

Sadly the Suzuki is not very well developed for SuperSport racing these days.

Both the ZX6 & R6 seem to be the highest performing models in many of the major championships.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Depending on your size and the bikes ergonomics is the way I would choose. The GSXR is a great bike but had been know for cramped quarters. Race wise I would take the GIXXER over the CBR, but everyday give me the comfy layout of the Honda. The ninja R is even better because it is right in between, depending on model year ect.. Go sit on them!
    Peace

Downloads
    Uploads
    GET THE FURRY OCTOPUS 100. IT'S GOT ALL THE THINGS YOU NEED IN A BIKE INCLUDING HANDLE BARS.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You will always have guys telling you to buy what they are riding if they like their bike, that is hardly a recommendation. Guys who have had bike problems will tell you all the same bikes have the same issues and don't even think of buying one of them.

To cut to the facts, Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki all make a 4 cylinder 600 sports bike, they have for a long time so any issues they have had are well sorted out by now. They all sell well and do what you expect them to do in a similar way. There performance is much the same and is in excess of how the average rider wants from his bike. Each can be improved on but in stock trim they are more bike than the average guy needs.

What would decide which one I would buy for myself would be how far to travel to the nearest dealer, how the bike felt sitting on it stationary and your own personal 'eye appeal' of each of the makes......

A used model even a few years old and at low mileage will save you heaps so have a look at craiglist.com and biketrader.com to check them out.