should i take a job for 10 dollars an hour in therapeutic recreation where i...

Sheryl

Sep 11, 2008
...have a certificate and years of e? years of experience and a certificate .the last jobs paid 14-15 per hour.
I do not understand that this facility which is a very exclusive assisited retirement community in Branford ct is only willing to pay 10.00 to work with dementia people who are also a safety risk

A bird in the hand...

Take the job and keep searching for other employment with places that pay more money. $10/hr is more than $0/hr.

If you are currently unemployed then take it for the paycheck and experience. That will help you move on to a better job. If you are already employed, decide if you want that career move. The benefits, hours or location may work for you,. or stay where you are only you can make that judgment call.

Yes you should........If I were you I would.......You dont have to stay there for the rest of your life,but gain more experience,meet people and then see how it goes.....I am university graduate with good grades, I studied 4,5 years to earn my degree which was supposed to give me a chance for a good job.....But in my case,due to family reasons-actually whatever the reason-life reasons,I have to live between two countries,work two jobs with no weekends off,my job is nowhere near my degree qualification,sometimes I get jobs,sometimes not,but to get 4-5 hours of paid work,I spend 10-12!!! hours on buses and walking.....I get 3 pounds and 50 pence for 30 minutes call........ But I do enjoy my job!!! Its just this difference you are describing!!!!! SO for now take it,but at the same time look for something else........Good luck!!! By the way,I work in healthcare......

Back