Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I use a sink stopper to do dishes?

I know this is a really stupid question but I can't figure it out. I've had a dishwasher my entire life but my dishwasher broke yesterday and I need to do some dishes. It's the kind of stopper that is like metal and it has a black rubber thing in the bottom that is attached to a little stick. I don't know but I really need some help. I just can't get the sink to hold water.

It's like this one: http://www.plumbersurplus.com/images/prod/1/Ekco_15906902.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Put the sink stopper into the sink hole - with the 'black rubber thingy' on the bottom. Push the 'stick thing down. This is what allows the water to drain or stay...........Just managed to get your pic up - not a sink stopper I am familiar with - sure it is not a 'filter'?

Other options:
    Check your bath or laundry tub and see if the plugs out of them will fit the sink - they are usually standard sizes.
    Pop down to your local supermarket or hardware - whichever closest - and buy a 50cent rubber sink plug.
    Use several thicknesses of clingwrap in the sink hole (like you were lining a cake tin eg), then stuff a cloth on top of that - should hold the water long enough to get some dishes done.

Or simply do what I usually do (only one set of dishes to worry about here - two at most)..... run the hot water as warm as you can stand it (yes, you can mix it with cold), have a dish sponge/brush and detergent ready and simply wash your dishes under running water!

No offense meant here - but as I sit here shaking my head, I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Don't parents teach their kids basics anymore?

Downloads
    Uploads
    well sweetie that is because it is not designed to hold water in the sink it is designed to catch the food waste then you empty your waste basket so to speak it keeps Debris from falling down the sink like your wedding ring or silver ware what you need is a stopper they are all black and has a knob on the top and have no holes in them you can buy them at any hardware store.just ask for a drain stopper for your kitchen sink. good luck