Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why Will My SUV Turn Over, But Not Start?

This past Thursday I removed the radiator on my SUV to replace the radiator drain cock since the handle to pull it out was broken. Later than evening after finishing I tried turning on the SUV, but it seemed like it was having trouble starting it cranked more than usual but it started and after a few minutes I got off to check if everything was okay & I noticed that a whole bunch of transmission fluid had leaked out so I shut off the engine and tightened the bolt or screw or whatever then I started the engine again and nothing leaked out this time so I parked it where I usually park. The next day (Friday) around 5:00 6:00 PM the real trouble began the engine would turn over but not start. I tried but eventually the battery died so we took the other vehicle. This morning (Saturday) I tried using jumper cables and had no luck at all. So I was wondering if maybe I could of disconnected a wire while removing or installing the radiator, or maybe it's not my fault because I've had this problem a couple of months back but I'm not sure if I did something or maybe I need to replace something?
    1998 GMC K1500 Suburban 5.7L Gas Engine

1998 GMC K1500 Suburban 5.7L Gas Engine

Downloads
    Uploads
    SUV???
    How about providing the vehicle information, (Year, Make, Model) if you would like a legitimate answer, because without the vehicle info. you will get a bunch of inaccurate guesses.