Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

sports bike question?

So I'm a 5'0" female weigh about 165 in muscle. But I wamt to get a sports bike. Not a scooter or a cruiser but a sports bike any tips or idead?

Downloads
    Uploads
    At 5 feet even, a crusier is the only choice, and the weight you've mentioned is enough to "muscle" a 700 pound Harley Davidson Electra Glide into obedience + everyone looks like a macho man on a harley (I'm not gay in case if someone is wondering) & because of your muscular appearance you'll look like a Hardcore Biker Chick! I apologise in advance if it feels offensive to you as its not meant to be and just a food for thoughts.
    As for Sports Bikes, they must be lowered as all of them have at least 30" seat height, and people around 5' have around 25" inseams. Choose wisely. Look into some japanese crusiers if you don't want all that "HARLEY STUFF". Something like Kawasaki Vulcan 900, Honda Shadow 750, Yamaha V-STAR 950 or Suzuki S50.
    Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go check out the new Kawasaki 300 Ninja. Its a very affordable option for the first time buyer/rider
    .Its lightweight com paired to most bikes which makes it easy to handle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a 2007 Kawasaki 650R Ninja, and I really like it, but you're 5' 0" and it may be too tall for you, but they can lower bikes now. The 650R is the type of bike you could keep for years because the engine has plenty of power for the streets or the highways. It has tall handlebars so you can cruise all day without hurting your wrists or back. It's great on gas. It's easy on insurance too. I think it's a very sharp and contemporary looking bike.

Downloads
    Uploads
    find one that you like and see if the dealer can get a lowering kit for that bike

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's all confidence and skill. Don't listen to people who say you can't ride a sportbike. You just will have to learn how to one foot it. Worst case scenario is you can lower it. I'm 5'3", and I get it done. Taller people just don't understand, but where there is a will, there is a way! Good luck!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can see what motorcycle you can fit: http://cycle-ergo.com/