In the very latest Biogenesis development this week, New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez has reportedly added former Ryan Braun lawyer, David Cornwell, to his legal team ahead of his anticipated disciplinary battle with Major League Baseball over his connection to the controversial clinic and its founder Anthony Bosch.

ESPN New York was the first to report the news on Friday night. Here's an excerpt of their story which better explains Cornwell's current relationship with A-Rod and his past history with Braun.

Sources told ESPN.com's Darren Rovell that Rodriguez has hired attorney David Cornwell of Gordon & Rees in Atlanta to assist him with the Biogenesis case. Cornwell is well known for representing athletes on players rights issues and recently represented Ryan Braun in his successful appeal of a positive test, which was thrown out due to the handling of his urine sample.

Sources said Cornwell has been working with Rodriguez for about a month and that he is not currently working with Braun on his role in connection with the Biogenesis case. Cornwell could not be reached for comment.
Rodriguez may not be commenting publicly, but he's certainly speaking loudly with his actions. He's ready for a battle, and he's aligned himself with one of the best in the business at analyzing the details and mapping out a plan of attack to keep his clients out of hot water.

I also find it a little bit interesting that Braun isn't known to be connected with Cornwell as he prepares for his own battle with MLB. That's not to say they haven't been in contact recently or won't be in the near future, but I would have assumed Cornwell would unquestionably be a prominent part of his inner circle again after helping Braun to avoid a 50-game stemming from a positive PED test in late 2011.

Again, that may still prove to be the case. There's a lot of maneuvering yet to come before we find out what, if any, punishment MLB will pursue with the 20 known players connected to the clinic. So I guess the best thing to do is digest this information and want for the next batch which could come at any minute.

Looking for more baseball chatter?
Follow @bigleaguestew, @Townie813, @AnswerDave and @MikeOz on Twitter
Also, check out the BLS Facebook Page