Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What should I do if I think someones gossiping about me?

Hi, I'm Avery. This girl at my school is being mean. (This may have sounded childish, but don't worry, I'm over 13.) She pretty much is bullying me. Today, during free period, I was doing some extra credit homework with a new student. The mean one... lets just call her Selena, called her over. More people joined in with her. They were talking about me, I think, and they asked if they could talk to me in private and I said "no". They two other friends completed extra credit with me.
    I don't know about you, but 'Selena' has said horrid things in the past about me.
    She said:
    1. I'm fat and run weird.
    2. I begged her for a birthday present.?
    3. I said whatever to her
    4. I punched someone in the face/pushed someone down the stairs.
    She tells everyone about my flaws. There's more; I'm not comfortable saying it on the Internet.
    Can you give me suggestions of what to do? No one backs me up.
    There's another mean girl.. lets just call her Suzy.

Suzy cyber bullied me.
    My friends saw it and thought it was funny.
    She does so many horrible things.
    She has tons of friends.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just let them say whatever they want about you, and don't let it affect you. They are only bullying you because they have a-hole friends who won't grow up to be anything, and because they are insecure about something in their lives. I know how you feel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Report her to an adult who can help yu

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I'm assuming your question is the subject line? If someone is gossiping about you, feel special that you get to live in their head rent free and are worth the time to talk about.

Think about that for a second, I mean really think about it. This girl has so little else to talk about that she talks about you. That's pretty flattering.

Ignore it.

If the stuff you can't mention is as bad as it sounds, go to your parents or school officials. Bullying is NOT okay and you should report it. You don't have to handle it alone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    first of all: make sure you dont let what she says get to your head. Thats what she is trying to do. Most likely she is insecure or lonley (even though she appears to have lots of friends) and being mean gives her "power". Dont let her have that power. Second hang out with friend that can back you up and wont make fun of along with her. If things get serious (like she hurts you physically or something like that then tell someone. Your parents a teacher whatever. But if its just name calling (it sounds like a bit more than that though) then stand up for yourself. Remember: dont stoop down to her level and call her names or try and hurt her. Thats just wrong and its gives her a "reason" (no one should be kind to someone just because someone has been mean to them) to put you down.
    1. dont let it get to you head
    2.Find some reliable friends
    3. tell an adult if its serious
    4. Dont be mean back
    Good luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    Avery

This is a lot of "drama" in your life that you do not need. I am impressed with your
    lead-in here...that you were doing extra credit with a new student.

If this were one person...you may think first of asking them (before accusing and getting upset) if they gossiped about you. If she said yes.....then what are you going to say?

All you can say is "Stop It!" However, this seems like a group of 'cruddy' (am trying to be real nice here) kids you don't need to surround yourself with.

If you are confident in who you are, and it sounds like you are pretty much, go into school with your chin up, walk with confidence, and no longer listen to that load of crap. Stay away from it, and surround yourself with friends who lift you up and are a good support structure.

I am old enough to be your daddy, and I promise you, unfortunately, gossip, and immaturity, back-stabbing, and the 'drama' does not stop, so that is going to remain a constant. The thing that can change for the better, and is under your control, is YOU.

I am with you Avery on this one.

Be nice, be classy, and the fools will flee.

__________________________________________________ ____________________