Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Handheld Pokemon games?

So for his birthday this year, I'd like to get my boyfriend a Pokemon game, but first I need to get him a handheld game "console". So first of all...which one should I go with, a DS or an older Gameboy or what? I'm just not sure where to start! (I didn't play many handhelds as a child, or even now, I was/am more of a console gamer). After that, which Pokemon games would you recommend? He's really into it, and I want to surprise him

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have the money, get a 3DS. Not a DS, a DS lite, or a DSi, but a 3DS. Maybe a 3DS XL.

It's the most recent Nintendo handheld.

Pokemon black 2 or pokemon white 2 are the most recent games for pokemon. They are DS games though, so you won't find them in the 3DS section, and yes they work on the 3DS. Later this year pokemon X and Y will be released for the 3DS, but that's later in the year.

If for any reason you can't get a 3DS, a DS lite is fine for just pokemon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recommend getting him a Nintendo DS. This is because you can play any gamboy game on it. So in the future, he can get all of his favorite games. As for the game itself, I would get him Pokémon White 2 or Pokémon Black 2. These are the newest releases and are by far the best of the series