I am a 16 year old girl and I will be 17 in two and a half months. I just graduated from high school in May a year early as a Junior and I have already been accepted to UCCS and will be starting school there in the fall. My dad passed away when I was 9 and he set up a college fund for me so I have money set for college in case that information is needed. I have been living with my mom since he passed away and just recently moved in with my grandma because we got kicked out of our house, which is a long story. My mom is trying to get a place for herself, me, and my younger sister. However, I would like to stay with my grandma or get a place with a friend but my mom won't let me. She will only be able to afford a 2 bedroom place at the most so I would have to share a room with my sister. Starting college in less than 4 months I want to be in a stable environment and there is nothing stable about my mother. I don't want to make her look bad but if that's what I have to do in court there are many factors that would prove her to be "unfit" to take care of me. I have my driving permit right now and will be able to get my license within the month. I currently have a summer job, it is only babysitting but it is Mon-Fri, 9 hours a day, so more like nannying. I'm ready to get out of my mom's shadow and be independent and start my life without her holding me back. I am not a teen just trying to get away from my parents, I'm trying to do something useful with my life. If you have any answers on how I would go about getting emancipated or if I would be eligible to do so they would be much appreciated, thank you.