Taurus Tracker series .357 or Taurus Model 66 .357 for Hunting?

vulpix_grant

Jul 27, 2008
Recently asked about .357 Revolvers and if they were a good caliber for a Hunting backup sidearm for wild hog. Never went hunting before but am planning a trip to a co workers property where he has blinds set up for Deer but sees Hog a lot.

I am now down to 2 different .357 Magnum revolvers from Taurus, both 7 round cylinders and both good reviews on the net. Mostly asking if anybody has experience with either. This time just asking for opinions on these two models not the caliber anymore.

Tracker is lighter weight and based on the Compact Frame, the 66 is an older design built like a tank on the Medium size frame but heavier by 10 ounces. Both have 4" barrels.

I am leaning towards the heavier model 66 for durability on the heavier frame. $$$ is tight and I am selling a couple guns I don't use anymore to get the funds so I really want to get the right one the first time this go around.

Not just a hunting piece but the main reason I am looking for one right now. Will also be a recreational shooter since I love revolvers at the range.

Thanks for any insight.

Back