Do males ever wear tights (leggings) for Hiking?

OpenlMinded

Jun 2, 2013
I am in Townsville Queensland Australia, and I am planing on walking up Castle Hill in the mornings and evenings with a backpack with my Girlfriend and one or possibly two of her friends and my GF wants to put me in tights. She normally has her way most of the time I just feel a little nervous about it. Black or Navy-blue they'll be.

I have seen men wearing tights when Hiking TV but not very often.

This is not difficult. If you want to wear the damned tights, wear them. If you don't, don't. You wold be wise to do so, as they will keep ticks and chiggers away. If they make you "nervous" however, by all means, don't wear them.

By the way, I know the weather is a little cooler there than it is here right now, but if you're going anytime soon, I'd advise against compression tights because you'll just get too hot. If you're worried about chafing and bugs, try Deep Woods Off or a comparable brand in your area.

Dont wear leggings. leggings are thin material that will fuuck you up. they wear legging type pants but they arent the kind of leggings that a lady would wear. they are thicker and more of like over lengthened bicycle pants

The men you see wearing tights are likely elites. Wearing tights isn't a fashion statement or a "flag" they are excellent for preserving body heat, giving support and flexibility. For some people hiking is more of a religious experience than for physical fitness. They do it so much that they care more for function than they do fashion. If your worried about someone revoking your man card then wear a bushcraft knife on your belt. Enjoy.

Back