Are these names too old-fashioned?

~@~Martina~@~

May 9, 2013
Hi guys! I have fallen in love with the following two names: Frederick and Terrence. I think they are both really masculine names, but are they too old-fashioned? Please answer!!
Also, would it be acceptable to just name Terrence "Terry"?
Please answer both questions: middle names would be appreciated!!

<3

Terrance is not old fashioned, fredrick might be but you could always use freddy depending on how that hits your ear. Your last name could also be helpful to determining the first name just say it out loud and see if it sounds good as for me older names work with my last name, but i the end it is all up to you.

I don't think that they are too old fashioned, and they have good short-forms and nicknames to go with them. And yes, it would be totally acceptable to call Terrence - Terry, or Frederick - Fred/Freddie.

Love Fredrick - could be called Fred, Freddy etc which is cute. Terence is my dogs name though and we nickname him toto

Both are nice names. I know of a 2 year old named Frederick, they call him Freddie and My uncle is Terrence but we call him Terry.

I love both the names Frederick and Terrence. I don't believe either of them are old fashioned. 'Terry' is a common nickname for Terrence, but I prefer Terrence- as it has a better history and prominence to it.

As for middle names, I'm not sure. Are you looking for traditional? 'J' middle names tend to go with 'F' first names. So for Frederick- Jacob, Joseph, Joshua, and Joe would work. For 'T' names typically 'A' names work well. So for Terrence- Allen, Alexander, and Aden would work.

Back