Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Telus internet lag with the only 1000mbps connection on the list?

I noticed a lot of network lag lately, but can't find out what this one thing on the list is. It's called "user-d4cdc08b1c" and is the only 1000mbps connection on the list. Restricting that from internet access ceases the lag, but also makes it so I'm the only one who can connect to the internet apparently.

I've tried blocking everyone else but me, but it still lags. Even tried blocking myself, and using the modems ping test. Still laggy. Any Ideas?
    Yeah, its really cool in that room. I feel absolutely no heat coming off it really. I notice that on the modem page, I found a page that shows the open sessions.

user-d4cdc08b1c has 663, while I have 424. Is that a lot?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is your modem cooling off? When Wifi modems get hot they tend to slow down or crash. If you have one with alot of holes buy a laptop cooling pad. If you do not have one with alot of holes then you need to take a cover off and have the fans on the cooling pad blow inside of it. WARNING: There are capacitors inside the wifi modem. These capacitors give shock when touched and when shorted out they blow up causing fire risk, burnt hands, and a broken modem. You will need to buy a USB wall plug for the cooling pad. They do make USB extension cords if the cord does not reach.