Replacement for DivX web player?

Sekka

May 25, 2013
DivX web player is broken for me (no video and continuous error sound is the only audio), despite being fully up to date and reinstalled several times. I have tried VLC and Quicktime, but neither will play .mkv and .avi videos meant for playback by DivX (VLC will, but it crashes shortly after).

I need a web player that will play .mkv, .xvid, .avi, .divx videos in firefox (or chrome).

The newer versions of Divx Web Player do not work well on most sites. Divx is aware of this and has provided an option to install an older version (1.5 ) that does work:
http://labs.divx.com/node/127898

Ya!!! One Web Player (VReel) was a video sharing web site that allowed users to upload, share and view high quality videos by use of a proprietary video codec. The site was in open beta in an effort to replace the now defunct Stage6 site with a viable alternative. Using a similar style to the defunct site, VReel has received a licence from DivX, Inc. to use their codec, and has signed an agreement with Edgecast to host the Web site globally. VReel has since begun development of their own replacement for the DivX Webplayer. Try This........

Back