My son gifted me a sony dvd blue ray player and it says wireless but it isn't?

Kim

May 11, 2008
I called the manufacturer and they say you need a cord. (that goes to the modem) So someone told me to get a ct cord that plugs in. I saw that at best buy for 60$ but I forgot to ask if it will plug into my flat screen if it is not a smart tv? Or does it plug into the wall socket. (Remember your talking to Grandma here) yes I have wireless in my home, but I do not want to run a cord all the way to the family room modem, from my bedroom

Mam you need a cable to run your bluray. Maybe the "wireless" feature is about changing your "firmware" wirelessly if you have wi-fi inside your house. The purpose of this is to be updated so owners could possible fix any problems in the futur. When you say your TV is not "smart" you needs to be specif. Cable of the bd should fit the TV (hdmi, component, composite....)I believe your son won't give you a bluray player if it's not compatible with your TV.

You will need an HDMI cable to connect your Sony Blu Ray disc player to the tv. You also need to plug the blu ray disc player to the wall socket to have power. Your player is wireless capable to connect it to the internet for receiving signal, but also need adapters. Those adapters can get expensive depending on your internet. Hope this will help you out.

Back