Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Christians, has Jesus Christ helped you in the areas of emotional or mental health?

Hi Christians,

I ask this because of this news article today on Yahoo.

http://hsrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AhKZi4.n8GGILYKe0HgJ0bKbvZx4;_ylc=X3oDMTdpbXM 0cjBrBF9TAzIwMjM1MzgwNzUEYQMxMzA1MTkgbmV3cyBkc20tN SBzaGFyZWQgc3RvcmllcyBwBGNjb2RlA3NzZ2EEY3BvcwM0BGQ DZXNsBGVkAzEEZwNpZC0zMjgwNjg4BGludGwDdXMEaXRjAzAEb HR4dAMmIzM5O1RoZXJlJiMzOTtzbm93aXNoaW5nYXdheSYjMzk 7bWVudGFsaWxsbmVzcwRwa2d0AzEEcGtndgMxMwRwb3MDMQRzZ WMDdGQtZmVhBHNsawNpbWFnZQR0YXIDbmV3cy55YWhvby5jb20 EdGVzdAM5MDAEd29lAzI0NDI3NDA5/RV=1/RE=1370241551/RH=aHNyZC55YWhvby5jb20-/RO=2/RU=aHR0cDovL25ld3MueWFob28uY29tL3Bob3Rvcy9mYWNlcy1 vZi1tZW50YWwtaWxsbmVzcy1wYXRpZW50cy1zaGFyZS10aGVpc i1zdG9yaWVzLTEzNjgwMzAzMDEtc2xpZGVzaG93Lw--/RS=%5EADAf0wRQxHbLf67AAF3rPCPHLh1n6Q-

These just show the accounts of a whole variety of people representing a small
    segment of mental or emotional illness. Yahoo is hoping through this showing
    that there will be less 'stigma' to this.

Men returning from war, teens who must perform, young people with problems
    like autism who don't understand...the list is very long, and seems quite
    incurable.

Society tends to shun these people, wants to pretend it doesn't exist.
    It does.

So, the question here is above, has knowing Jesus Christ helped you in
    any of those areas? If you don't feel comfortable discussing it exactly,

no need at all, just point out if Christianity helped you.

If this question were up for me, I'd have a whole lot to say,
    so I thought some might like to bring glory to God in this way here.

NOTE: to atheists, for you, I'm sure medications and therapists ARE also
    great choices at times. But for Christians, sometimes ...for us...
    this is just way better, as in ...no comparison.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I've struggled with depression, anger, and many other emotional problems God helps me. It's not a one time cure. It's something you need to fight for everyday though. But you don't need medicine

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jesus completely healed me from severe depression and mental/pshycilogical issues.
    I was praying and it was as if lightning struck me, I was instantly healed...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, when I was younger I was very sad and confused. I am now a joyful, confident woman who understands why the world looks so awful. The bible had my answers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Remember that God says that with out Faith that there cannot be any miracles for it is with faith that Miracles happen. And people are healed because of there faith. And yes to your question I have been healed many times because of health problems or mental feelings that seek to come upon me by the devil trying to destroy me from doing the things that God would have me do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For a Christian being able to fall back on the fact that God knows what is best and everything will work out for the best in the end, makes anxiety troubles much easier to deal with.

Junior Member Themaninthemirror's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A few years ago i joined the marine corps. After the marines when i entered back into the real world i learned i had no emotions anymore. I could bootstomp you till your brains leaked out or brutally murder your child and not think twice about it. Like completely emotionally void. I still struggle with emotions but yes i do feel like the lord has been helping me recover my emotions

Junior Member CoolHandFenceSitter's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Truely, Truely, the gospel of Jesus has saved alot of people from me killmg them, especially psych pros. And saved me from going to prison too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh course christians are going to say "yes, god/jesus has helped me, he is amazing.. yadda yadda" they are taught and were brought up to say/believe that. So what is the point of asking about something like that? If I believed in a spaghetti monster who loves all and magically heals, if I overcame a problem I suppose some of that would be because of the spaghetti monster.

It is a question, but not all questions are deserving of an answer. Just a way to promote religious belief, proves nothing. Actual help through "group therapy" style, and just having a support group of friends and family and from society in general is what helps. If you want to place that burden on something that does not exist, you are in for disappointment.

@Person(s) who down voted me, why? I am always curious, are you insulted by being judged by reason or logic? Or just because you disagree with me? I stated my answer to a question, on q/a forum how did that upset you? If you please.