Is it true in Greece today, theres still people who believe in Greek gods...

john

Sep 3, 2007
...like Zeus, Hades, Ares, etc? I heard theres still like 5% of population in Greece still pray to Zeus and the other greek gods. Is this true? And would a game like God Of War be extremely insulting to them as in that game your fighting the Gods?

People do, not only Greeks.

They are Babylonian idols under Greek names, represented by demons.

Millions knowingly worship them, others unknowingly, ie Catholics worship Semiramis, Zeus, ra, Isis and others through worshipping statues, Mary, saints etc, muslims worship Baal under the guise of Allah, too much to mention.

Yep and outside of Greece. Its called Hellenismos. I am considering joining their organization. I'm already a member of a Kemetic/Egyptian group too

Out of 7 billion-plus people, I'm sure there is SOMEONE out there (although not necessarily in Greece) who believes in the old gods. The odds simply favor it.

Out of 7 billion-plus people, I'm sure there is SOMEONE out there (although not necessarily in Greece) who believes in the old gods. The odds simply favor it.

I don't know for sure about Greek religious demographics. However, it is certainly true that a fairly large number of individuals outside of Greece, still worship the Greek or Greco-Roman pantheons.

Yes some still exist. They are called under the name dodekatheistes (dodekatheism) meaning 12 gods. They are usually well educated people, and they come here to Mt. Olympus where I live, every now and then for their ceremonies. The Greek government has called them an exaggeration. They're not 5% though, probably 0,05%.

Here is a video of them at a name ceremony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvfEMNsiizY

Back