how many people are kind of tired of alt rock?

malcolm

May 19, 2008
It used to cool be now, its kind of... overt, do you agree?
So there in lies the problem because of the name and its classification the radio and music industry. anybody with a different type of sound automatically categorized as alternative music.

But now its like everybody in the alternative rock and roll or hip hop all sound alike , like the music industry just keeps pushing that sound until it gets boring.

Gino , I get what your saying but it really doesn't matter, its not that it needs a name but I need to call it something because it's not regular rock and roll an you know that so don't go getting peeved if I get it a name that they use for it.

anyway what am getting is it used to be a special way of jamming with people but now its just sucks.
and Lindsay shut up you sodding whore.

Really I don't even know what alt rock is. Alternative to what? How can music be alternative.
I've heard Nirvana, The Bloodhound Gang, The Used, Green Day, Jane's Addiction, The Cure, Pixies, NIN, Oasis, MCR, and The White Stripes. So I don't know what all these band have in common.

Really genres are pretty pointless to me.

I don't even know what the f*ck alternative rock is. It's an inaccurate name for a genre of music.

I don't even know what the f*ck alternative rock is. It's an inaccurate name for a genre of music.

Who gives a fuck if it's considered "cool" or not? Let people like what they want without putting them down.

i'm with gino green. i think it is a meaningless umbrella term. more of a marketing gimmick or a radio format than a genre, and therefore trying to criticize it as if it were a genre is pointless.

Back