Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Monthly smoking and maintaining a low nicotine tolerance.?

If you just want to call me stupid go somewhere else, but...

I've got quite a strong willpower and have been smoking herbs mixed with tobacco for quite a while without ever feeling the need for a cigarette. I've now begun using cigarettes to cut back on zoot smoking (I will often be invited out when people are all smoking zoots and want to temporarily quit for exams). I like the slight nicotine rush though and have only just sort of realised that's what adds to the light headed kick straight after I smoke a zoot. So with all this "ciggarettes are the worst thing you can ever do" propaganda bullshit aside can you maintain a low nicotine tolerance and maintain this buzz. I hate smoking cigarettes which is why it helps me to stop smoking weed because I forget how nice that is but I don't mind this nicotine buzz but I am aware that this goes away after regular use. So provided that I don't falter to the addictive potential and become a regular smoker, how often can I smoke while maintaining this buzz. Would the odd cigarette a month provide me with that focus (nicotine does have cognitive enhancing affects) and buzz or does it need larger gaps? Don't give me the bullshit about once you start you can't quit because that's evidently not true for a lot of people (I may be being naive but as I've been smoking tobacco for quite a long period irregularly and not got addicted I think that I'm okay). Also don't tell me I'm already addicted I'm quite aware of the lack of craving for cigarettes I have and I've been addicted to other things in life and I'm definitely not feeling the same with cigarettes.

Once again everyone who feels the need to shout at anyone who dares smoke can fuck off, remember the ones delivering all these messages about how bad tobacco is in every scenario are the same people who were telling you how good it is in every scenario, which we can now see is obviously not the case.

Just to clarify although I do enjoy this nicotine buzz, there are far better ones out there that I can use inbetween but would just like to know how long, roughly, I'd need to wait to get that "new smoker" feel. I don't like it enough to smoke all the time in search of it, cuz frankly it's not that good and I've seen how it can destroy peoples lives. But hey keep stuff in moderation and it works out fine
    Well the same problem exists, how often can I smoke while still maintaining a "new smoker" buzz?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why don't you smoke e-cigs? You get the nicotine buzz but only inhale vapour, far better for you than inhaling smoke.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Smoking herbs mixed with tobacco without ever feeling the need for a cigarette??? The nicotine is in the tobacco. Do you think because it's mixed with herbs that doesn't count as a cigarette? Don't be naive.

As for nicotine, it gets you without you even realizing it. I started out having the odd one or two as a teenager when I had ran out of weed. You know you're not addicted, you're in control, you don't need them......until you do.

You're going to be sitting there thinking yeah yeah, not me. It won't happen to me. It will.

You say that 'Once you start you can't stop' is obviously false. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to stop? Most people fail. They may manage a month or two, even a year, but they go back to it.

Plus, you're obviously still young, your mates probably think it's cool but, now it is really seen as a disgusting habit. You'll find most women find it disgusting, smokers are pushed out of everywhere, even smoking in the street will be banned soon, just like New York. It used to be acceptable, now it is seen as filthy.

If you are not addicted, GREAT! Why push it. Just from this minute, don't ever touch it again. If you're not addicted, that will be no problem for you.