Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

2006 Lincoln Zephyr Wont Take AC R134a?

So i have a 2006 lincoln zephyr i recently got in the winter, I tried the ac once just to check but it was cold obviously cause of the cold weather. Now with the summer heat coming I turned it on and it was hot. Just from assuming it was low I picked up a kit from Canadian tire of R134a and having filled other cars i did it the same way with the car running and ac on I had it hooked up and dropped the needle down and opened the can i could hear it coming out for about 30 seconds and then it stopped can wasnt getting cold or anything, the air in the car got cooler but not ice cold. The ac compressor was turning. So after letting it sit for a good while about 15 minutes I unscrewed the can and some came out so it didnt take it all back.

Why wouldnt it take it all?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If your AC system needs refrigerant, then you have a leak. There is no guessing about that because an AC system is a closed system and refrigerant doesn't get "used up" or go low unless you have a leak.
    It's foolish to put more refrigerant in the system when it's just going to leak out again.
    Those little kits that they sell for NOOBs to try a fill their AC should be taken off the market, they ususlly don't work.
    The leak needs fixing, the moisture in the system has to be removed by vaccum and the system checked before you introduce refrigerant BY WEIGHT.

AC is not user friendly and shouldn't be worked on by someone who doesn't know what they're doing.