Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

should i get a car or suv and what kind?

I got into a really horrible car accident with a drunk driver in November. I am looking at getting a car sometime soon and one of the biggest factors that i want for my suv/car is safety. At first i was thinking of getting a car, but then people suggested an SUV might be better. It is only me and i might take my dog (german shepherd) around with me sometimes. The makes that I like are Honda, Toyota, Nissan, VW. I don't want to spend over 30K. I would like one that is stylish also. What do you guys think?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Volvo XC90 if you're in it for the long haul. Keep in mind Volvos resale depreciates at rapid rate.

Toyota well known for poor safety marks. The Honda Pilot 2010-present very good safety scores.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay well let me point something out with the car makes you mentioned you liked.
    Honda, Toyota, and Nissan are all quite good at keeping their value. Volkswagen, not so much. I think it would be in your best interest financially to go with a Honda, Toyota, or Nissan because not only do they hold their value better but they are also cheaper to maintain. If you plan on getting a car I would suggest either a Honda Accord(also avalible in hybrid), Toyota Avalon, Toyota Camry(also avalible in hybrid), or Nissan Maxima. If your looking for something in between a car and an SUV I would suggest you get the Honda Accord Crosstour or the Toyota Venza. If you want an SUV you should think about the Honda CR-V, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander(available in hybrid), Nissan Rogue(doesn't have the best reliability rating but very nice to drive), or Nissan Maxima. Personally I like the Nissan Maxima, Toyota Venza, Toyota Highlander, and Nissan Rogue the best. The Toyota Camry is very reliable and can last you for a least 10 years. We have one (94 w/ a 96 engine) that is beat to all hell and still runs. It was t-boned and has over 300k miles. We had a CR-V and loved it. We also have had 2 Accords. My mom swears by the Accord.