Will Asian actors/actress ever be able to make it big in Hollywood?

ArmbarProdigy

May 6, 2013
15-20 years ago Black people never even got a role other than being a ghetto or gangster or poor people. Now it seems that Asians are still struggling with Hollywood. Seriously other than Harold and Kumar I have yet to seen an Asian with a lead role that doesn't involve the character having an asian background or a martial arts expert.

I'm not saying Asians should be playing as James Bond or Captain America (hell even Black people shouldn't) but why can't they have a leading role in movies like 21 Jump Street, Zombieland, etc
Most of Jackie Chan and Jet Li movies involves them being a martial arts master...I guess Lucy Liu is one.
Again Bruce Lee was a martial arts master

I'M ASKING FOR ACTORS WHO DOESN'T PLAY THE STEREOTYPE ASIANS OR MARTIAL ARTIST! READ PROPERLY PLEASE

Have you not seen any Jackie chan or jet li movies? Also Lucy Liu is a pretty big name actress... You just aren't looking

I see TONS of Asian Hollywood actors. To list a few off the top of my head, there's, Lucy liu Ken Jeong, Janel Parrish, Sandra Oh, Jenna Ushkowitz, Brenda Song, Kristin Kreuk, Anna Perez De Tagle, Jamie Chung and Masi Oka. I don't think any of them play stereotype Asians..

Although Asians are underrepresented there are still some out there. Keanu Reeves is Chinese Hawaiian Caucasian and he's a legitimate leading man. Maggie Q, Tia Carrere, Kelly Hu, Bai Ling, and lots of others as well. Let's not also forget that Asians do better than average economically and academically, so who's to say they even want to branch off and be successful in Hollywood. Being an actor's not all that awesome.

Back