What happens if I don't pay the early termination fee for Dish?

Jennifer

May 13, 2008
I recently came into a problem with money and will have to move back to my mother's house. We can no longer afford to live on our own. I would absolutely pay the fee if I could, but I can't. So I'm worried about what's going to happen.

We just signed this contract with DIsh maybe 2 months ago. I have a 3 year contract. If I can't pay the early termination fee (which I can't), what happens? Do I just get collectors calling me? Or can I actually go to jail for that?

Also I don't have a copy of the contract, I was never given one.
I'm not worried about my credit score honestly. I know I should be, but I don't have money to sign up for any more contracts or anything anyways.
I read online that it's like $400 for a 2 year contract, but I have 3 year so I think it would be like $600. I can handle collectors and stuff, and I can get a new credit card from my bank so they can't try to charge me and cause me to owe my bank money also (since I have zero money).

Oddly enough, THEY can sue YOU.
You signed a contract and YOU are responsible unless you go to court and prove THEY broke the contract.

Back