Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

New acura tsx or certified pre owned TL?

I am interested in buying an Acura. The new 2013 Acura TSX is about 29k and the new TL is too expensive. I don't really like the design on the tsx and like the TL better. But I am scared that a certified pre owned car isn't that safe. For example, the ones I've looked at says its a corporate car. It could have been owned by a corporation and the person was driving the car like if it wasn't theirs. I recently saw a 2010 TL for 26k with only 16k miles. Is 16k miles almost like a new car? thanks

Also, is there much difference between a 2010 TL and a 2013 TL. It looks the same to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A 'corporation' car could mean an ex-rental car, not just owned by a company, which is fine as long as it's been serviced properly.That is why it's 'certified'.

I think the ;person driving it would be careful,as the company may have to pay an excess for each claim made, so the employee may have to contribute to this from their own pocket if their fault.

You might want to ask them if the car has been involved in any major accidents, just to be on the safe side. Pretty standard to ask this in the UK, if buying a secondhand car.

426k for 16k miles for a 2010 model isn't much cheaper, as for another $3k, you could buy a new one, minus anything you may be able to haggle off it.The 2013 one would be more fuel efficient, as the standards would have tightened.Depending on your mileage and driving style, you'd soon save that $3k back.

Plus you'd have a new warranty (Honda's are pretty reliable).You'd be buying the 2010 one as 'sold as seen'.