Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is the ViewSonic PJD7820HD good for a Home Theater?

Is this any good for a hometheater. Since it has 3000 luminous is it to bright.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Depending on your viewing environment, having 3000 ansi lumen is an advantage if viewed somewhat in a dim room compared to lower lumens that is suited for controlled lighted rooms. The viewsonic is a new projector so reviews are limited right now and comparable ratings to the top ten HD projectors is not available at the moment. I own an optoma DLP HD33 3d 1080p and I'm proud of my investment. I used it on a dedicated hometheater room (controlled lighting), however it's has 40% lower lumens. The PJD7820HD I'm sure is much flexible in different lighting situations and has the advantage of 3 years warranty compared to the optoma HD33. Also price is significantly lower than Optoma. When it come to 3D I'm not sure if the decoder is already built-in in the PJD which is why the optoma is more expensive. Viewsonic is know for video presentations until they adapted the DLP and entered into the HD community. If you haven't bought it yet, wait a few months for reviews and ratings. Visit this link for updates: http://www.projectorcentral.com/ and try comparing PJs.