Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Chrysler Sebring Convertible?

I bought a 2000 Chrysler Sebring JXI a few weeks ago, It's been running great except for a problem with the tie rods. I know gotta get that fixed ASAP, get brakes, an oil changes etc.

But my question concerns the fact that today it rained literally all day and the floor on the passenger's side flooded. At first my boyfriend and I thought the rain water was coming from the window being down, the door not being shut all the way, or drippage from the underside of the dashboard. It wasn't any of those things but it turns out, from what i found through a few Google searches, it very well could be blocked drain holes on the passenger's side. Tomorrow, as soon as I can, I'm going to try to clean that out.

Now, my actual question is will the water that made it's way to the car's interior mess with how my car itself functions? I drove it a little bit (although I probably shouldn't have) and for a second, it wouldn't start up and when it finally did, it made some screeching, whistling type noises for a while on and off and the radio did a little acting up too. I also smelled something kinda like nail glue after I parked and turned it off.

I'm a little concerned because this is my first car and I'm pretty overwhelmed by it all. I'd ask my boyfriend but he's no mechanic so he just knows the basics (Not only that, I'm pretty sure he's tired of me bothering him about it.)

Help is very, very appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    go to the car wash and use their vacumn to suck all the water out of the carpet.