Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please serious responses- Fitness help?

I'm around 6ft3-6ft4 16 year old guy and i weigh around 285 lbs. I want to go to the gym but I would like to turn most of my fat into muscles while doing abit of cardio too.

Im just wondering what supplies I should take like what kind of protein shakes or what so ever, enhancers or whatever of the kind that could help me. I see alot of people using these kind of things but i dont know the ones that are right for my situation.

Hope anyone can help, thank you

Downloads
    Uploads
    You do not need any supplements or other such junk whatever.
    You will not "turn fat into muscle". Not physiologically possible. What you can do is increase your fitness and your muscle tone and your cardiovascular fitness and in the process of doing that you will "burn" excess calories that your body is storing as fat.
    As to what to do... Kind of depends on your goals. If you are just interesting in increasing general fitness for health and weight control, then aerobic exercise is unsurpassed.
    Doesn't matter much what... Whatever turns you on. Run, cycle, swim, use treadmills or similar machines, do calisthenic exercises... As long as you get your heart rate into your training zone for 20-30 minutes at a stretch you'll do well.
    If you want to increase strength for athletics, get stronger, look more muscular... then you'll be wanting to lift weights. A good, basic strength training program is a good idea anyway. You can do aerobic exercise AND lift weights, of course. Most aerobic exercise is not weight-bearing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you dont need protein shakes, you just need to lose weight i would just do circuit training and intervals jogging/sprinting everyday and have 2 rest days. You just need to tell your body that when it is tired to keep going and that is the key to losing weight. Also eat healthy or no exercise will matter