Do I really need a USB Drive AND SD Card to back up my new laptop and smartphone?

MELISSA1

May 13, 2008
I recently purchased a Toshiba Series 5 laptop. For the back up, it says I need a 38.1GB USB drive in order to back up my laptop. I bought it along with a micro SDHC CARD. Do I need both of these items to back up my laptop? The main reason I bought the micro sd card is for my new smartphone to save pics and some small files
They can both be used for back up. I don't have a camera or video camera, so it would soley be used for back up, recovery, and saving pics and some games.

Do I really need a USB card for my laptop. Can't my SD card be used for both? I'm not great with tech stuff, and this is my first smartphone. I feel like I'm getting bamboozled by the salesmen at the Staples store, who was more thanhappy to sell them both tome, but didn't explain why I need them both. Should I return the USB drive I bought just for backing up my laptop? My laptop explained during set up that I need a clean USB drive just for backup and recovery ( nothing else can be put on it) The brands I bought are listed below for reference. Thanks!

Laptop: Samsung Series 5 notebook
Smartphone: LG Lucid 2 with Verizon
USB drive: Kingston 32GB USB 2.0
SD Card: SansDisk 32GB MicroSDHC

the sdhc card is small & you'll need a way for it to be read. The sd can be used as long as it is large enough for a backup.

If your smart phone has a PC companion program, you back you phone contact up to you PC the back up all to an external hard drive. That 32GB has to hold music and pictures. I have 3 back up's running for tax purposes. Using a micro chip you need a USB adapter to be able to read it. Your PC is NTFS, what Android OS is you phone, Jelly Bean? That would be the reason?

Back