1995 Honda Prelude si engine cranks but there is no spark.?

imbakedoffmyass

May 1, 2013
so two days ago, i was installing a subwoofer and amplifier to my car when next thing i know, i see the D4 light on the dashboard blinking. i got scared, and also noticed the check engine light was on too. (yes i stupidly did not disconnect the battery while attempting this, but dont blame me... the guy who helped me was supposed to be the one who knew what he was doing, but said "only stupid people need to unplug the battery." he got offended the more i asked about it so i dropped it). nonetheless, the car wouldnt even start after this. all electronics are working: windows, dashboard lights, radio, clock, etc. my battery has ~12.7 volts. distributor rotates, however no spark is seen in spark plugs. new ignition switch was installed 2 months ago so i doubt thats it. i checked most of the fuses but ill go and check them all again. i have a feeling it may be the main relay. i just dont want to buy one and still have the problem persist. im very confused why the D4 light blinks, regardless of the gear the car is in. i plan on taking all parts and wires of the stereo system (except the properly installed aftermarket deck) out of the car to return it to normalcy. i know that the flashing D4 light indicates a problem with the transmission but i find it very probable to be a consequence of faulty electric work done to the car. im not sure what i broke or shorted or even fried...like the ECU. but i need help. can someone clarify where i can find the service ports so that i can maybe check the codes myself by jumping them with a paperclip? also any opinions on the D4 light please...its trippin me out. should i just replace the main relay? will i need to buy a new ECU? could there be a short within the ECU? or TCM? bummed on this shit hahaha... thanks if you can help me. i need it for job hunting :(

Back