Which suv would be the best for us?

Fred

May 14, 2008
Hi everybody, first of all, I want to say that I am from quebec, so I speak french, I will try to do as best as I can to speak english... also, I'm new to this website/forum, so give me a chance :)
My family are looking for a new car (a new used car) because our old GMC Safari will soon die.... But we have MANY MANY MANY restrictions,
What we want:
-Suv
-Great view, no deadlines
-good suspension/confort (because my mother has a spine problem, I don't know the name in english)
-not to many woods, she hates that --'
-no american cars (gmc, ford, etc) they broke too easily
-a car that won't cost to much to repair, and won't broke too often
-a great gaz consomation
-heated seats (this isn't a NEED)
-avaible used at around 15 000$ for a 2006-2009 version

So I know that no cars can respect all that, but somes more than other, what we've found for now:
-Acura MDX
-BMW X3
-Nissan X-Terra
So my question is: what is the best and why between those, and do you have any other suggestions?

ps: my father really really want the x-terra, but I hate it, it reminds me the gmc safari, and I want something a bit more luxurious and "civilised". (but I don't pay...)

no like X-Terra. Suck gas and supposely bumpy ride. Power is overrated like other Nissan

MDX if you want more room or need to sit 7. Kind of slow and kind of suck gas. Driving position not as good for long drives.
BMW is you like driving more. Never owned an X3, but other BMW, suspension parts usually need replacing after 120,000 that other cars do not. Suck gas also.

Test drive all three and see for yourself.

Back