I bought the Acer C7 Chromebook today. great computer, lite, fast, etc, etc.
But I don't understand why it won't run utorrent, even though there is a utorrent extension available in the Google app store.
I tried installing utorrent via their website, but got a message saying the the computer doesn't support this file type. Understandable.
so I did a search in the store, and there was the extension. Clicked "add to Chrome," it seemed to work just fine. I open the settings portion, and get all of this login information requirements, asking for my IP address, Port, create a username/password. That's new, don't know what that's all about.
But now, when I go to download a torrent, I click the button and it never shows up in the utorrent extension. And now the icon has a small red "Err." over it, which I assume means error. but when I click on it, nothing new happens. And when I try to remove the extension, clicking on the trash button on its store page doesn't produce any results. absolutely nothing happens, so now I don't even think I can remove it to start over.

so that isn't really a question, just kind of me getting frustrated with the situation. Any suggestions? and I've already looked into replacing the OS with Ubuntu, and if it comes down to that I might (I have a tech savvy friend). But he says that it could be dangerous for the computer. It is brand new, and does not have any saved data on it yet, so i'm not worried about losing anything important. So if there are any comments about that option, i.e. has anyone tried it and has valuable feedback, I'd appreciate those as well.